Monday, September 1, 2008

As I Sit Here

As I sit here
I wonder what happened
Things good one minute
Horribly wrong the next
The uncertainties return
The questions abound
Am I so bad
To be myself
Living my life
As me
My confidence wavers
I'm shaken to the core
Beating myself up
Squashing my all
I take the time
Some quiet moments
And I realize
I've got to stop that
It is who made me quiver
That I should battle
I could say it wasn't fair
And not very nice
To make me feel that way
That day
But you know what
I'll thank you instead
Instead of cowering
And hiding in the corner
I'll stand up for myself
You can't do that
Anymore
For you have taught me
I don't have to take it
I'm stronger than I thought
Than I gave myself credit for
That I don't have to feel
I'm always in the wrong
Again.

Copyright @ Wolves n Rainbows
Sept 1/08

12 comments:

Cal Jennings said...

You should always stand up for yourself and what you feel is right. Only you know how you TRULY feel inside.

Hugsss,

Cal

Patti ;-) said...

Thank you Cal. So very true, but I do learn things the hard way

Cal Jennings said...

As long as you learn, that's the important part. Sometimes we have to go through a lesson more than once before we finally realize that we were just submitting to our own destruction (in one way or another).

Patti ;-) said...

That I was Cal. Just trying to not drag others down with me is the hard part, while I keep hitting myself with that dang 2x4

Cal Jennings said...

I hear you there. ;)

Raj Rajaniemi said...

Stand tall, don't you fall! We have your back!

Patti ;-) said...

Awwww thank you very much Raj

* * said...

I'm the Queen of having to go through life's lessons over and over and over and over, etc., etc., etc. (thick skull)

As long as we eventually learn the lesson(s) is the main thing.

Hugs

Cal Jennings said...

Tell 'er cat!

* * said...

meow and purr

MoiMoii Law said...

Good for you girl. Be brave, stand your ground. You can take bad experience as just that, or you can take it as good lessons learned. You are not alone either. Even in my dream I called out to follow you!

** Sumax ** said...

I hope you know how proud I am of you ... and you need never beat yourself up about anything you do because you always think of others first. Maybe that's half your problem. Sometimes you just have to be true to yourself, and that means being firm and staying strong. You are such a worthwhile person Patti ... I'm proud to call you friend.