Do you ever watch the sunset
And just sit and think about things
Just you and the sky and darkness
Giving your thoughts some wings
Perhaps you’re got some troubles
And don’t know what to do
Or you just plain need to get away
To spend a little time with you
Sunset beauty makes you feel as though
Your life has meaning after all
To see a sight so extraordinary
Makes you feel capable, strong and tall
It’s funny how flashes of color
Like a sunset or sunrise can inspire
It can calm your inner self a bit
It’s a scene you can never tire
The serenity gives you a chance
To put things in perspective
Life can be overwhelming at times
And a sunrise can be reflective
So when the sky lights up next time
Let your gaze do some drinking
Soak up and the amazing sights
And do some sunset thinking!
Marilyn Lott

6 comments:
I love sunsets. But more than that i love the nights with the full moon. so nice to sit on the steps and howl at the moon. Neighbors finally got used to it hehehe
Well, I keep my howling to a minimum haha
But yeah, when it's a beautiful night, I love to go outside and just stare up at the stars.
Orion is my favorite to look at. It is hard to find a decent evening/night here any more. The mist from the oceam comes in and then that is that. The best to see the sky is over 50 miles to the East of me out in the desert area in Imperial Valley. Too far to drive at todays gas prices and do not like traveling out there by myself.
I can still only pick out the dippers. Too many stars to concentrate looking for anything else lol
I'm lucky where I'm far enough away from Lake Huron/Georgian Bay that they aren't an issue at all. Except in the winter where lake-effect snow is another issue haha
But I hear you on the gas price thing. Makes it tough to find a few minutes of peace.
love sunsets
especially when i'm able to visit a girlfriend
she lives in amish country about 9 miles away from my front door
in other words...in the country...not a bzillion other lights blocking out the stars
the first time i visited her place, i got a crink in my neck from looking at all the beauties i'm seldom able to see
Is what I missed the most when I lived in Toronto, just being outside and seeing the stars.
Which was another thing I liked when I visited my friend in August .. it was all wide open sky where she moved to. Could have stayed out there for hours except we were afraid we wouldn't hear the bear sneak up on us lol
Post a Comment