Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Day


Is there anything worse
than this pain
Ripping your body
your soul
in two
You feel certain
you won't make it
another day
comes
The light of a new morn
as you adjust
Night slipping away
even before
your eyes focus
Realization
another day
came
Along with the sun
the memories
You wonder if
it will ever end
Surely a person isn't
meant to live this
How do you survive
How do you go on
You can't feel anything else
The pain is too much
too strong
So hard to bear
Going thru the motions
One step at a time
Tripping over the pain
Wanting to just shut down
make it go away
The tears fall
yet again
For life had
For life lost
The dreams and hopes
not meant to be
Feeling the fool
Allowing yourself
Vulnerability
Giving that one
Permission
to rip you apart
I beg of you
Make the pain go away
So that I might
Live
Another day

@ Scorpions n Lace 2008

6 comments:

Cynabon S. said...

I wish the world was pain free..I love this!

Raj Rajaniemi said...

Profound but easily identifiable. I have been there too! THere is no 'new' way out!

** Sumax ** said...

Whilst being an excellent poem, this makes for a disturbing read ... I do hope you are not still suffering like this Patti???? I am assuming you wrote it (I recognise the Lace as being one of your nom-de-plumes). I sending you these {{{{hugs}}}} in the hope that all is now well. Please feel free to PM.

Patti ;-) said...

I did write it Sue, you are correct in that. Could be why I made it Scorpions n Lace. You would recognize it. I do understand why you are concerned, and sent you a pm, but I am fine. Now.
Thank you my friend *hugssss*

Patti ;-) said...

I agree with you Cyn. It would be nice if the world was pain free, but we need to feel pain sometimes, to grow as a person, inside.
Thank you Cyn *hugs*

Electrifying Magnetism said...

I live (somehow) through it
every day, Dear One...
I Pray that You or Anyone
lives the life I live...
Hugzzz, Forever ~ ~ Lone Wolf ~ ~