While the songwriters don't always specify an age in their songs, there have been several songs where an age is mentioned. "You're sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine" came quickly to mind. Benny Mardones's 'If I Could Fly' mentions 17. But I do understand what you are saying Penny, about old Adonis being left out. Depending upon the age of the female songwriter, the guy in the song is more the same age as her than anything. Not many out there where the woman sings about younger guys hahaha.
3 comments:
cause the folks dat appreciate dey older woman forgets to loan dey glasses to the younger bunch.
How many songs are written about a handsome "old" Adonis? I think when song-writers see someone as beautiful they don't see age as a factor.
While the songwriters don't always specify an age in their songs, there have been several songs where an age is mentioned. "You're sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine" came quickly to mind. Benny Mardones's 'If I Could Fly' mentions 17. But I do understand what you are saying Penny, about old Adonis being left out. Depending upon the age of the female songwriter, the guy in the song is more the same age as her than anything. Not many out there where the woman sings about younger guys hahaha.
Post a Comment