Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Birthday - Wish You Were Here


Happy Birthday - wish you were here


I originally made up this 360 and posted this on May 4, 2006, the following text and the picture with the bunny.  And I kept it hidden all this time.  I was talking to my friend, but at the same time, was putting it out there in case someone came across it.
But why now to connect it to my other 360?  My friend would have turned 58 December 13th if he had stayed with us.  I still miss our talks, even though I didn't see him much the last couple of months.  He'd be happy to know that I have found other friends that I enjoy spending time with, embarked on other things to keep me busy.  Finally got that correspondence course going and doing well with it.
So I am thanking the person who helped me find some self-esteem, some self-confidence and helped me on the path to finding myself again.  I may not be complete, but I am on my way.
********
Posted May 4, 2006
I am at a bit of a loss today as I just found out a friend of over 2 years had passed away in April.  His health had prevented him staying online and in touch with those that knew and loved him for the past 6 months or so. 
So many memories came flying back of the times we spent together, either one on one, or part of a group.  The laughter, the lessons, the music we shared, all revealing the person each of us are, if we chose to be honest with ourselves and with the people we were with.
I will never forget how he looked into my soul, found some answers that I didn't know was there, and made me take a deeper look for the person I had lost for many years.  The questions he asked to make me understand myself better.  And the questions I asked to understand him better, sometimes, cautiously answered.
And the joking back and forth about "dust bunnies" as if they were real creatures he lived with.  He talking about the parties and orgies (the bunnies, not him lol) and the hugs and secrets the bunnies and  I shared.  How they would crowd the computer screen, looking for my hugs, so that he couldn't see. hehehe
He was a complex man and at the same time living life very simply.  Having lived the life he did, learning who the man was inside his shell.
They say that friends enter your life for a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime.  Knows he came into my life for a reason, for a season, and I won't soon forget him either.
This "Canookian" will continue to miss that "Amookian".  Be at peace Bill.  I will be ok, even tho you are scratching your head with me today.  All the talks we had about death being a natural end etc etc., and I threw all that out the window this morning.  Yes, I did cry for you.   Even tho I had never really cried or mourned anyone's passing before.   It's the realization that you've left us, too soon, even though the fates said it was your time.  You didn't understand it, but you meant so much to me and was proud to have called you "friend".
Originally posted what would have Bill's 58th birthday, Dec 13/06

No comments: