Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nothing matters but the weekend from a Tuesday point of view

The Kings - This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide
Released 1980


The Kings were formed in Vancouver, British Columbia and Oakville, Ontario, Canada. 
Original members were 
  David Diamond, lead vocals, bass guitar, and songwriter
  Sonny Keyes, vocals, keyboards, and songwriter
  Max Styles, drums
  Mister Zero, guitar and songwriter

This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide is actually two songs melded into one and released as one. Is almost six minutes long but I dare anybody to sit still for it haha :D


This Beat Goes On*
(Diamond- Zero)
Hey Judy, get Trudy
You said to call you up if I was feeling moody
Hey little Donna, still wanna
You said to ring you up if I was in Toronto
I have lots of friends that I can ding at any time
Can mobilize some laughs with just one call
Like a bunch of lunatics we'll act till way past dawn
Sure we'll be rockin' till our strength is gone
Yeah This Beat Goes On
Hey ladies you crazies
Me and Zero request you in the Mercedes
And then we'll ride so zoomy inside
The sky's the limit this time I'm Switchin' to Glide
I don't give a hoot about what people have to say
I'm laughin' as I'm analyzed
Lunatics Anonymous that's where I belong
Sure cause I am one till my strength is gone
Yeah This Beat Goes On
I have lots of friends that I can ding at any time
Can mobilize some laughs with just one call
Like a bunch of lunatics we'll act till way past dawn
Sure we'll be rockin' till our strength is gone
Yeah This Beat Goes On
Switchin' To Glide*
(Diamond-Zero)
Nothing matters but the weekend
From a Tuesday point of view
Like a kettle in the kitchen
I feel the steam begin to brew
Switchin' to Glide
Energy can be directed
I'm turning it up I'm turning it down
Even love can be affected
Harmony's the sweetest sound
Switching to Glide..Balancing in my head..inside of me...
taking the glide path instead.
Everybody gets the no-no
Hear it ringing in they ears
Lots of ways that you can go GO!
Look around NO disappears










http://youtu.be/sxkjvKBPQjo


15 comments:

Patti ;-) said...

Well that sucks .. good test that failed.

Jeff   said...

eh? What failed

** Sumax ** said...

Nothing wrong here Patti ... lyrics are there and video is there.
It's good, but I'll have to come back to hear it all. Time is limited right now.

Patti ;-) said...

I don't know if you can see it, but check the date in the upper right corner. Something I had hoped would happen, didn't :(

Jeff   said...

aha! I couldn't see that in Panorama View. You tried to post date by a week to see if it would post then instead of today?

Patti ;-) said...

Yes, that was the method to my madness lol

Patti ;-) said...

there ya go .. it's in the song lyrics hahaha

Jeff   said...

you're cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs?

Patti ;-) said...

Well, not cocoa puffs, but ..........

Meirav Berale said...

oh, cool, I'll see at the next meeting then. my cell is the third one on the left.

Patti ;-) said...

Thought that was you. Why are you in a cell? Get out here !!

Meirav Berale said...

oh, it's a nice cell, the walls are very nicely padded, I find it quite soothing. and those pink pills are great!

Patti ;-) said...

Ooookay

I'm staying out here with The Kings and rockin' till our strength is gone

Meirav Berale said...

you see, that's the beauty of these padded cells, people can be rockin' away out there and I don't hear a thing.

enjoy the party :)

Meirav Berale said...

you see, that's the beauty of these padded cells, people can be rockin' away out there and I don't hear a thing.

enjoy the party :)