Monday, April 28, 2008

Well isn't that interesting ....

I was being goofy earlier and knowing that Multiply hasn't adopted the Open ID concept (yet?), I tried something  just to see what it would  happen.

I was over on my 360 page and changed my 'homepage'  section there from  my  myspace page to my Multiply page. And just for  'chits and giggles' (my friends fav saying ), I went to my Multiply page thru my 360 page and  typed  hello in the guestbook.

Got a notice saying it would show up the next time I signed in or registered for an account.
Of course, I didn't do anything. Just closed out that window and left. I really did figure it would be lost in cyberspace somewhere, really.

So, in my travels, I happen to sign into my Multiply account and it took me right to my guestbook where my 'hello' from my 360 page registered !

I had to laugh tho'. It said I, as wolvesandrainbows, signed it !
Which I thought was really interesting. How'd they know it was meeeeee ???
hehehe
The dirty li'l sneaks *wink*

15 comments:

* * said...

ROFLMREO!! Why does this NOT surprise me? Wonder if they did this during the last maintenance? This site seems to love sneaking things in on us during maintenance. Such as...letting others know when we're on or offline...as if that's anyone's business.

MoiMoii Law said...

" I was over on my 360 page and changed my 'homepage' section there from my myspace page to my Multiply page. And just for 'chits and giggles' (my friends fav saying ), I went to my Multiply page thru my 360 page and typed hello in the guestbook."

Can you please explain what exactly you did re. changing from Myspace to Multiply? What has MySpace got to do with 360? I would very much like to know if you don't mind? Please!

Patti ;-) said...

Hi Moimoiis ...
There is a spot on the Yahoo! 360 page where you can designate a 'homepage'.
Being that I had been with 360 a lot longer than anything, when it comes to blogging anything, I had put my MySpace page as a homepage when I decided to check out what MySpace had to offer.
Now that I've been with Multiply since last October and haven't done much with my 360 stuff, and even less with MySpace, I decided maybe I should re-do my 'homepage' spot to my Multiply page instead.
It's just a link people viewing my 360 page can click on. And MySpace has nothing to do with 360 or Multiply otherwise. It's just a way of directing them here instead of elsewhere.

MoiMoii Law said...

Thank you for the enlightenment. I got it now. I had also put in my homepage there to Multiply, as 360 has not been working properly, on my site anyway, for several months!! Funny thing, when I checked, I never did put in homepage there at all and I have been with them for just over a year!
Now, having done what I just did, what can I expect??
You typed Hello in your guestbook, that's got your name as the sender, guess that's why they knew it's you. Those who were really confused would be your Multiply friends, wondering why you are sending yourself Hello's!!! Thank you for being so patient explaining things to me.You would have noticed by now that I am very thick when it comes to tech. matters!!

Patti ;-) said...

hahahahaha
Why I figured I better do up this blog. Sort of explain it a little.

I know I can be very quirky (weird) at times, but even saying hello to myself is more quirky than I will admit to !!! hahaha

* * said...

Hey, I talk to myself all the time in my guestbook area. I've been caught doing it too...I think it's funny myself. Hey, that way I know I'll have an intelligent(?) conversation...sort of.

Patti ;-) said...

hahaha So very true Mz Meow.
One night, nobody was about, I got bored going thru the group stuff and think I had left comments elsewhere, so I figured "what the heck" and said goodnight in my guestbook in case someone stumbled along and found it.

* * said...

I've done that frequently myself.

Missy Angel said...

Oh I've done that wasn't signed in at all and commented but it put it in anyway ...I was like good thing I didn't put anything naughty

Patti ;-) said...

Darn Missy. I wanted to see how naughty you would have been otherwise
hahahaha

Patti ;-) said...

Maybe if I say goodnight in my guestbook more often, I might hit 350 comments by Christmas ???
hahahahaha
It's either that, I'll finally convince people that I really am quirky !!! hehe

* * said...

I love quirky. I've finally convinced most people that I really am warped and weird along with straaaange. *the only way to be*

Patti ;-) said...

hahahaha
I have scared people off being too much 'me' !
and for sure ... *the only way to be* lol

* * said...

I've scared a few away as well. Their loss. I'd rather be a nutty fruitcake than a sourpuss any day. ^__^ :o)

Patti ;-) said...

So very true Mz Meow. So very true.